The family is strange. The house is cursed. The weather is dreadful. Welcome to Bedlam Hall.
Powered by the Apocalypse, players take the terrible role of servants for the Blackwood family who are quite… different. The family’s troubles run the gamut between inconvenient relationships to terror-driven fits that can turn bloody and violent. Not quite the best employers to work for, in any sense of the word. Coupled with the house’s own peculiarities and an overwhelming need to maintain one’s own skeletons in the closet, every member of staff has their hands full to say the least.
Can you manage to survive the strange happenings and the family’s unnatural behavior while still keeping the house under control and your references in order? Play to find out (But we wouldn’t count on it.)
This game includes:
- A depressing character creation system that will only define how miserable this experience is going to be.
- An introductory adventure – “A Simply Dreadful Birthday Party“, because what demonstrates true unnatural horror than a children’s birthday gathering.
- Unsettling descriptions of the House, along with unflattering portrayals of the Blackwood family.
- Guidance on how to cruelly torment your players as the Master of the House, realizing you shan’t be invited to game night ever again.
- A menacing portrait of the Terrible Whatsit. Never mind, never mind. You don’t need to know.
Inspired by: Downton Abbey, The Addams Family, and A Series of Unfortunate Events
For 3-5 doomed players, gameplay generally lasts 2-4 hours or until everyone dies. Horribly.